Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!
In this week’s edition of the “Counselor’s Corner” (for full newsletter please click link below)
- “From the Principal’s Desk”. A weekly message from Oak Park Principal Dr. Chris Sartain.
- Oak Park “Important Dates” always listed in newsletter. Updated for the rest of the rest of the school year.
- A+ tutor training Wednesday January 31st during AR in the LMC Bio Room, sign up in the A+ or Counseling Office
- Northland CAPS is hosting an Information Night on Tuesday, January 23rd at 5:30 at the Gladstone Community Center. Students who are interested in applying to this off campus program for the 2018-19 school year and their parents should plan to attend to learn more about the program. More information is available on their website at www.northlandcaps.org
- Did you know: Requirements for College Ready Diploma is a 3.0GPA, 95% attendance and a 21+ ACT.
- Weekly scholarship update. Lots of new ones listed in newsletter. Please go to our website and check out our complete list: http://ophscounseling.weebly.com/scholarships.html.
- Oak Park Dual Credit Information Night-Thursday January 18th at 7pm. Find out the benefits of taking an AP course and Dual credit courses.
- Apply to become a Bank of America student leader (Juniors/Seniors). Deadline is February 2nd. Please see newsletter for application.
- Maple Woods Community College will have an open house January 31st at 6:30pm. See newsletter on how to RSVP.
- Oak Park offers after school tutoring every Tuesday and Wednesday in the Lumberjack Café.
- MU School of Medicine High School Mini Medical School. Sessions run in June, see newsletter for more details.
- STEM-TASTIC weekend Thurs-Sunday February 22-25. Held at Missouri S&T. See newsletter for more details.
- If you need someone to listen, the crisis text line is open 24/7. Text hello to 741741. See newsletter for more details.
- VOLUNTEER CORNER HAS BEEN UPDATED. Please see new info in newsletter.
- Oak Park offer tutoring every Tuesday and Wednesday from 2:30-4:30 in the Lumberjack Café.
- Don’t forget that transcripts take some time to generate. Please give our Registrar two to three days before the deadline to process. Please see the counseling department for assistance.
- ACT dates are listed! Fees are involved and there are late fees and deadlines. Please visit www.actstudent.org for more information. All signups for ACT are done online. Please see newsletter for more information. ACT has asked that if you are signing up for the test, please do not use the Safari browser, it can cause problems with the application process.
- JOB POSTINGS!.
- Have questions about how to apply for college financial aid? Check out our financial aid powerpoint located in our newsletter!
- Lots of other helpful info always listed in our newsletter.
825 NE 79th Ter, Kansas City, MO 64118