Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!
In this week’s edition of the “Counselor’s Corner” (for full newsletter please click link below)
- “From the Principal’s Desk”. A weekly message from Oak Park Principal Dr. Chris Sartain.
- Oak Park “Important Dates” always listed in newsletter.
- Did you know: Requirements for College Ready Diploma is a 3.0GPA, 95% attendance and a 21+ ACT.
- Weekly scholarship update. Lots of new ones listed in newsletter. Please go to our website and check out our complete list: http://ophscounseling.weebly.com/scholarships.html.
- Any Junior boy or girl that wishes to apply for Boys or Girls state should complete an application. Please see newsletter. You need to apply by January 5th
- Stem-Tastic weekend at Missouri S&T. See application info in newsletter. Deadline to apply is February 1st.
- North Kansas City STEM showcase January 10th. All district event located at Staley HS 6:00-7:30. See newsletter for registration.
- PIA MidAmerica Apprenticeship Program is recruiting candidates In Kansas City for paid Production Technician jobs with paid college education. Meeting December 12, 2017. Please see newsletter to sign up.
- Please see info on Crisis Text Line. It’s a 24/7 free text line for anyone in any type of crisis. See newsletter for more information.
- Oak Park offers after school tutoring every Tuesday and Wednesday in the Lumberjack Café.
- Don’t forget that transcripts take some time to generate. Please give our Registrar two to three days before the deadline to process. Please see the counseling department for assistance.
- ACT dates are listed! Fees are involved and there are late fees and deadlines. Please visit www.actstudent.org for more information. All signups for ACT are done online. Please see newsletter for more information. ACT has asked that if you are signing up for the test, please do not use the Safari browser, it can cause problems with the application process.
- JOB POSTINGS!.
- Have questions about how to apply for college financial aid? Check out our financial aid powerpoint located in our newsletter!
825 NE 79th Ter, Kansas City, MO 64118